- Broad with beautiful, soft, white sand.
- The Gulf waters are generally calm and warm by comparison to the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.
- Except for parking, there are no access fees.
- Cabanas, chairs and sun umbrellas are available for rent.
- Lifeguards watch the main area during day - check hours.
- Volleyball nets are freely available to public.
- Restrooms and showers are available.
- Nice children's playground on north side of Pier 60.
- Pier 60 - well-built concrete pier that extends a 1,000 feet into the Gulf for excellent strolling and viewing and fishing.
- Sunset festival on Pier 60 each night.
- A beautiful winding promenade beach walk.
- Across the boulevard are:
- Many casual restaurants, bars, gift and ice cream shops.
- Numerous hotels, resorts and vacation rentals.
- Clearwater Beach Marina offers a huge variety of boating excursions including dolphin watching, fishing, speed boat, parasailing, jet ski rental and much more.
- Kayak, SUP, Jet ski and parasailing rentals are available north of Pier 60.
- Clearwater takes good care of its natural resources and really keeps this place clean.
- See our galley for more pictures.
Immediately to the south is another spectacular spot. Sand Key continues the string of barrier islands on the West Coast of Florida. Located on the west side of Sand Key is the fantastic 65-acre Sand Key Park, which includes picnic grounds and Sand Key Beach.
Within the picnic grounds are shelters, grills, and a children's playground. Also within the park is also an enclosed dog park. Parking is fee charged.
Sand Key is broad with soft, white sand. This place is typically less active, so it is ideal for those seeking a more relaxed atmosphere. The park is open until dark. Additional facilities at Sand Key include showers, restrooms, bath houses with changing stalls, umbrella and cabana rentals, and kayak rentals.
Another popular park just north of Clearwater in Dunedin.
Cabana and umbrella rentals
Overlooking Pier 60